Re: Gen-ART LC Review of draft-thornburgh-adobe-rtmfp-07

2013-06-20 21:15:00

-- Why does this need to be published as an IETF stream RFC?  If I
understand correctly, this documents an existing protocol as implemented by
commercial products. I agree with Martin's comment that there is value in
publishing this sort of thing, but I applaud the Adobe and the author for
publishing it so other implementations can interoperate with their
products. But that could have done that in an independent stream document,
or even in an Adobe published document. (Perhaps even in a prettier format
;-)  )  If we publish this as an IETF stream document, then I think it
needs stronger clarification that it is not an IETF consensus doc than just
its informational status.

 FWIW, the IESG has discussed this in the context of other documents, and
is looking at boilerplate that does not say that the document is a "product
of the IETF", and makes it clear that the content is not a matter of IETF
consensus.  If that sort of boilerplate was used, do you think that would
be sufficient?

Barry