Re: Gen-ART LC Review of draft-thornburgh-adobe-rtmfp-07

2013-06-20 22:58:51

On Jun 20, 2013, at 10:12 PM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>
wrote:

p.s. I started a much more detailed response to Ben, but I think
the essence of it is above.  IMO, a discussion that amounts to
whether or not an AD used bad judgment by choosing to sponsor an
individual Informational submission (or whether ADs should have
that power at all) should not become part of evaluating a
particular document's appropriateness.

I certainly didn't mean this to be a discussion of AD judgement. I suspect this
would not be the first time the IETF has published an informational RFC that
describes a non-IETF protocol, so there's probably precedent for doing so. It
might be worth discussing whether that's a good precedent.

I also recognize that the authors have done a _lot_ of work on this draft, so
this entire discussion is probably a bit unfair to them. I actually do hope it
gets published somewhere.

Thanks!

Ben.