Re: Final Announcement of Qualified Volunteers

2013-07-09 19:06:02
Hi Brian,

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
(2) Four companies account for 44.3% of the volunteers.

OK, but what would X be in "Four companies account for X% of
people eligible to volunteer"?

That said, the "not more than two from the same employer" rule
was written in anticipation of a theoretical problem; it seems

I think not. If I recall correctly, there was at least one noncom with
three voting members with the same affiliation. While there was no
particular evidence that these voting members were acting as other
than individuals, the consensus was that it just smelled bad and so
the limit of two per primary affiliation was adopted. (Also note that,
according to the records, the first two nomcoms had only 7 voting
members.)

Thanks,
Donald
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 d3e3e3(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

that it was a good idea, but it does allow the following to become
true: "Four companies account for 67% of the NomCom members."

Should we consider changing it to "not more than one" in view
of today's data?

Regards
   Brian