Re: I-D Action: draft-barnes-healthy-food-07.txt

2013-07-16 12:18:49
As I mentioned to Mary privately, yogurt with fish in it is very common
(yoplait, for example) and vegetarians who know that kosher gelatin is made of
fish don't eat it; this can result in the food options at the cookie table
being, essentially, cookies, which are of course a terrible thing to eat if you
will be needing to concentrate during the next session.   Because of this I
tend to consider the break food to be an attractive nuisance rather than a
benefit.

I don't know if it's even possible to get people at venues to be sensitive to
these issues, but I certainly support the effort Mary is making to get them to
try, and I think specificity is a good thing.   I applaud your flexibility, but
not everyone is in a position to be as flexible; in particular, given the
number of graybeards who attend IETF, I think paying attention to the problem
of excessive sugar in break foods is really important.