cbor-05 (was: Last Call: <draft-bormann-cbor-04.txt> (Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR)) to Proposed Standard)

2013-08-14 02:13:49
This was a rather productive IETF Last Call!
Thank you all for the many comments.

Paul and I have taken your comments and believe that we have
incorporated the ones that we said we would.

The -05 has just been published:

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-cbor-05

... and there are lots of diffs; see

    http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-cbor-05

We would particularly like review of the changes we made in section 3,
where we tightened up a lot of the "might" language for parsers. We
also clarified that what we were too-loosely calling a "parser" was
actually a "decoder" that has two sub-parts: a parser (grammar only)
and semantic processor (checking for validity). We hope that this
major edit alleviates most concerns, but further comments are
certainly appreciated.

Grüße, Carsten