Re: Community Input Sought on SOWs for RFC Production Center and RFC Publisher

2013-08-18 02:23:33
The point w.r.t. MIB module checking was that
during editing phase, even a small typo in a
double quote or some such would render the MIB
module invalid/non-compilable (i.e. invalid SYNTAX).

So if RPC does not touch the text at all, then there
is no need for them to check. But if they DO touch
it (even for pagination or some such) I would
recommend doing the check. For MIB modules that
should be pretty easy, simple and not cause much
extra work. Of course the MIB module needs to be
checked (SYNTAX that is) BEFORE it gets submitted
to AD/IESG even.

Bert