Re: [spfbis] SPF TYPE support

2013-08-19 19:17:15
On Aug 19, 2013, at 5:10 PM, Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)isdg(_dot_)net> wrote:
This will allow coders to add the optimized logic for usage.  It will also
allow for new problem solving seeds to be laid down. It will hopefully get
the DNS software vendors to finally add direct support for unnamed TYPE
support (query and passthru) not only for SPF but for future DNS application
protocols.

It would help if you would go review the working group discussion on this
point; if you had done so, I do not believe you could make this point with a
straight face, because it was soundly refuted by the working group.   I tried
to make the same point to the working group, and they successfully argued me
around.   Although I'm sure you're aware that I am quite stubborn, it's
possible that they would not succeed in arguing you around as they did me.  But
you ought at least to do us the service of allowing them to try by reviewing
the discussion yourself.