Re: TCPMUX (RFC 1078) status

2013-08-20 10:03:21

On 8/20/2013 5:35 AM, Martin Sustrik wrote:
If you want a multiplexer to serve different connections from a single
service port, you need a multiplexer server (tcpmux daemon, websockets,
whatever you want to call it).

Ack. The web server is a problem though, because you typically don't
have control of it. I.e. you cannot randomly plug-in your code into it.

You have control over a web server you install. Yes, that would eat one IP address, but there are a lot more IP addresses than port numbers (i.e., using a port to avoid using a separate IP address consumes the wrong resource).

However, see my other message - it's hard to recommend an approach when we don't understand the problem you're trying to solve.

Joe