Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-repute-email-identifiers-08.txt> (A Reputation Response Set for Email Identifiers) to Proposed Standard

2013-08-21 01:58:32
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:

draft-ietf-repute-model is a down-ref.  I suggest referencing the updated
SPF specification as that specification is said to fix some issues in RFC
4408.

The downref was discussed on another thread.

I left the reference to RFC4408 as is because I was unclear on the timing
of the processing of this document versus RFC4408bis.  I'm fine with making
that change if Pete thinks it's the right choice at this point.

Why is DKIM and SPF normatively referenced while SMTP is an informative
reference?

Yes, they should probably all be the same.  Will fix.

Section 5 states that the draft "is primarily an IANA action and doesn't
describe any protocols or protocol elements".  Why is the intended status
"Proposed Standard"?

It may not need that status given some of the material that was originally
here has been moved to the other WG documents.  I'll defer to the chairs or
the AD on that one.

-MSK