Re: Rude responses (Was: Last Call: <draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-19.txt>

2013-08-22 11:21:30
On 22/08/13 16:01, Thomas Narten wrote:
Barry Leiba <barryleiba(_at_)computer(_dot_)org> writes:

The general point is that the new people whom we want
to draw in as productive participants will be watching how we treat
each other and deciding whether they want to wade into that pool.

It's not just new people watching and being turned off.  There are
plenty of old timers who get turned off and I doubt I'm alone in
thinking very carefully these days whether I want to wade into any
particular discussion.

Thanks for pointing out this sensitive spot. It does exist, not just turning off, but even driving people away. Happen to know a such senior ietfer..

The line between being Rude and being Upfront is tricky and highly context dependent.

Aaron

Thomas