Re: [spfbis] Last Call: <draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-19.txt> (Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1) to Proposed Standard

2013-08-27 15:34:44
I probably should have sent out this message over the weekend, but I was hoping I would complete a bigger message soon. Since I'm still working on that, a quick note to level set:

I have been reading all of the Last Call responses as they have come in. I am in the process of reviewing the comments and making a summary of the issues and responses. I have asked SM as document shepherd to do the same. (Being far more diligent than I, SM has completed his review already and is waiting on me.) We will be comparing notes and posting a summary of the issues and how they were addressed, along with whether we think they are resolved. That will give folks who disagree with my assessment one last chance to say, "Pete, you completely misunderstood what my objection / response was saying and you should re-evaluate your consensus determination on this issue." After that all shakes out, I'll make the final call on consensus.

An important thing to note is that I am seeing scant little I would call a "new argument" since late last week, so I would suggest that you are probably not adding to my understanding of the consensus by continuing to post. I'd like to think that everyone would be able to notice that things have gotten repetitive, both the folks who are repeating things as well as the folks who think they have to keep answering, but there does seem to be a bit of "getting the last word in" going on. Doing so isn't likely to add to my understanding or sway my opinion of the consensus (since I'm making a list of independent issues and their answers, not counting posts), but it does make it take longer for me to get through my review. So I'd recommend posting judiciously, at least until you see my summary.

Thanks,

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478