Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-19.txt> (Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1) to Proposed Standard

2013-08-28 07:29:36
Hello,

It's difficult, some might say impossible, to get agreement on draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis. I would like to ask each of you, and anyone else, to provide your opinion about the following:

RFC 5507 primarily raises three concerns about TXT records:

1. The data in TXT is unstructured and subject to misinterpretation by other
      applications.

  2.  Wildcard issues.

  3.  Size issues.

The draft addresses (3) by discussing size considerations, and tangentially addresses (1) in Section 3.4.

I would like to ask everyone not to turn this into a debate by not discussing about the opinion stated by someone else.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy (as document shepherd)