Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping-12

2013-08-28 09:21:11
Roni,

Thanks for an insightful review, you have captured much of what we
been struggling with when it comes to the IANA allocations.

On 2013-08-28 15:06, Roni Even wrote:
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping-12

Major issues:

Minor issues:

I am not clear on the sub-TLV in section 6.2

 1. If a new sub-TLV is defined for TLV type 1 do they need also to be
    added to TLV type 21.

Yes the document says "Directly copied from TLV Type 1, MUST NOT be
assigned" the intention is that this applies to future sub-TLVs also.
I guess it could be changed to "Directly copied from TLV Type 1
(including future allocations for TLV Type 1, MUST NOT be assigned"
if that makes thing clearer.

    This should be clear, and if there is some
    relation I think it should be reflected in the IANA registry for TLV
    type 1

I guess that makes sense - but it has not been the what we've done earlier - I think we could add this where needed by directly
communicate  this to IANA.

 2. For the vendor or private use why a difference policy than the rest
    of the sub-TLV registry

We don't assign vendor private use at all, so by default it is
different. I don't see that it could be different.

/Loa

Nits/editorial comments:

 1. In section 3.4 I assume that “TC” is traffic class. It will be good
    to expand and have reference.

--

Loa Andersson                        email:
loa(_at_)mail01(_dot_)huawei(_dot_)com