RE: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping-12

2013-08-29 05:06:16
Hi Roni,

How about this:

" No assignments of sub-TLVs in the range of 0-16383 and 32768-49161
    are made directly for TLV Type 21, sub-TLVs in these ranges are
    copied from the assignments made for TLV Type 1 and kept the same
    as that for TLV Type 1. All sub-TLVs in these ranges (include existing
    and future defined) defined for TLV Type 1 apply to TLV Type 21.
    Assignments of sub-..."

Best regards,
Mach

-----Original Message-----
From: Roni Even [mailto:ron(_dot_)even(_dot_)tlv(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:21 PM
To: Mach Chen;
draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping(_dot_)all(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Gen-ART LC review of
draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping-12

Hi,
I am not sure you responded to my latest email.

Having the policy for TLV type 1 here is not enough in my view since I only
look at RFC4379 and create a new TLV type I will not know that I have to
register it also for the type 21 if it will not be mentioned

As for the vendor specific see my other email
Roni

ping(_dot_)all(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-
ping-12

Hi Roni,

Thanks for your detailed review and comments!

Please see my reply inline...