Re: Last Call: <draft-cotton-rfc4020bis-01.txt> (Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track Code Points) to Best Current Practice

2013-08-29 11:43:46
In Section 2:

  'a.  The code points must be from a space designated as "Specification
       Required" (where an RFC will be used as the stable reference),
       "RFC Required", "IETF Review", or "Standards Action".'

I suggest not having the comment (where) and leaving it to RFC 5226 to
define "Specification Required".

Yes, except that's not what this means.

I tripped over the same text, and I suggest rephrasing it this way:

NEW
   The code points must be from a space designated as "Specification
   Required" (in cases where an RFC will be used as the stable reference),
   "RFC Required", "IETF Review", or "Standards Action".

Barry