Re: Mail lost yesterday

2013-08-30 09:28:56
Hi Jari,
At 01:05 30-08-2013, Jari Arkko wrote:
I certainly agree that in incidents like this, a timely notification is in order. (Of course to the extent that the outage itself allows us to do that. Sometimes the outage or the queue that has built up during the outage delays sending a notification.)

I'll refrain from commenting about the details of the last incident as there are extenuating circumstances.

My message was not about the contact address to report operational issues. For what it is worth I did notice an issue with the mail archives but I didn't think that it was worth pursuing as my message was off-topic. I read ietf-announce; there wasn't any notification there. I assumed that there was either something wrong on my end or it could be some glitch which was not worth the bother.

IASA stated that:

 "The IASA defines the service requirements (statement of work, service
  level agreement)"

That information is not publicly available.

The message you wrote does not say anything about monitoring. The practical question is whether IETF services are being monitored. This is where the IETF "leadership" answers yes and I look unreasonable for asking more questions. On a lighter note I have been watching too many IETF movies. :-)

The nit is why is the IETF still using PDT.

Regards,
-sm