Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-19.txt> (Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1) to Proposed Standard

2013-09-03 16:57:52
Hello,

This is a rough summary of the comments which have been made on the Last Call for draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-19 since I emailed Pete Resnick [1].

There were comments about the RFC 5507 concerns from Patrik Fältström [2], Dave Crocker [3], Mark Andrews [4] and John Klensin [5].

There were comments from Dan Schlitt [6] in which he provided his perspective of the SPFBIS discussions. In his opinion "it is unwise to have a standards track protocol which overloads the TXT record". He suggested that the specification should be published as Informational. The comments provided by Dave Crocker [3] [7] and John Klensin [5][8] may also be related to the intended status of the specification. Phillip Hallam-Baker commented about the design objections [9].

I'll ask the Responsible Area Director for guidance about the above instead of suggesting that the SPFBIS WG address them.

Joe Abley commented about the usage of "messages sent over UDP" [10]. This issue has been raised by Douglas Otis. My suggestion to the SPFBIS WG is to address this issue.

Please email me if you consider your comments as not having been addressed correctly. I suggest waiting for Pete Resnicks to send a message to the mailing list if you sent Last Call comments before August 24.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy (as document shepherd)

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg81877.html
2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg81887.html