Re: pgp signing in van

2013-09-07 09:21:09
On 9/6/13 6:33 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
Almost everyone arriving in Vancouver will have a passport in any case. The protocol will probably be something like provide your key etc data in advance, print something out and present that plus your ID document in the ceremony.

You mean you want me to trust that you have seen an ID issued by, for example, the US Government (of recent infamy on this list) that indicates that a particular name goes with the person pictured and that that person uses a particular certificate? And that is supposed to be helpful to me how?

I've really never understood this model of trust. Unless you can convey to me what kinds of things you sign and on what basis, I can't assign any value to your assurances. Joe Touch's recent comment seems right: "as long as endorsements are equal, they're only as good as your weakest one."

(And no, I don't have greater faith in CA-based certs. Just because there are currently only two choices doesn't mean I have to like either one.)

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478