Re: IPR Disclosures for draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe

2013-09-16 10:51:24
On 09/15/2013 11:06 PM, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
Hi,

Qin is correct. Glen's way of responding does not help.

Apparently there is no way that would be helpful (see below).

The wording of this question is not a choice. As WG chairs we are required to
answer the following question which is part of the Shepherd write-up as per the
instructions from the IESG http://www.ietf.org/iesg/template/doc-writeup.txt:

(7) Has each author confirmed that any and all appropriate IPR

disclosures required for full conformance with the provisions of BCP 78

and BCP 79 have already been filed. If not, explain why.

We have no choice but to relay the question to the authors.

I see, just following orders.

Glen, if you believe that this question should not be part of the write-up, I
think that you should take the issue with the IESG.

I have, and am continuing to do so (see the CC list).

In the current situation, unless I receive different instructions from the ADs,
I have no choice but to send this document to the IESG mentioning that I did
not receive an explicit confirmation.

Really? I have no idea, really, how to respond to that statement but I'll try anyway. The explicit statement of conformance to both BCP 78 and BCP 79 were clearly contained in each and every revision of the draft; of course, I know that you are a busy person, and the IESG is even busier, so you can't be expected to read every draft posted. I spent my time emailing the pertinent sections of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-00 through draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-09 to ensure that you were aware that I and my co-authors had explicitly stated that the drafts in question conformed to the relevant BCPs in every case. As I'm quite certain that you can read, I believe that you _are_ aware of that, so how to understand your statement that "I have no choice but to send this document to the IESG mentioning that I did not receive an explicit confirmation"? It looks like I have no choice but to believe that you (and the IESG) think that we are liars who will confess only under direct questioning, like 8-year-old children suspected of some prank. This isn't merely obnoxious, it's insulting and highly offensive.

Regards,

Dan