Re: IPR Disclosures for draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe

2013-09-18 10:40:43
On 09/16/2013 08:03 PM, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:

Hi Glen,

as I mentioned in another email, that question is just a reminder.

No, it's not. It is a roadblock. If it was "just a reminder". I would be free to ignore it, in the same way that I ignore a reminder from my calendar about a meeting in which I'm is already sitting.

In
the past, it has happened that even long-time IETF participants with a
lot of experience had forgotten about a particular disclosure until they
received the reminder.

I believe that. I'm sure that there is at least one person in the world who has been granted so many patents that they have just lost track. OTOH, if they put their name on a draft and submitted it, they stated that the draft was "full conformance with the provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79." This is a strong statement, but if you affirm it without knowing that it's true, you are lying.

Responding with a "yes, per the draft's boilerplate" should take only a
few seconds of your time.

So I guess that makes it OK to call us liars, since only takes a few seconds of our time to deny it. Just one question, though: if you refused to believe it the first 11 times the statement was made, why would you believe it the 12th?