Re: IPR Disclosures for draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe

2013-09-16 14:15:07
"John" == John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> writes:

    John> It seems to me that, in this particular case, too many people
    John> are assuming a far more rigid process than actually exists or
    John> can be justified by any IETF consensus procedure.  Let's just
    John> stop that.

I agree with John here.
However, I'll remind others (John is certainly aware) that an chairs
serve at the pleasure of the AD.

I'd be unimpressed with an AD who removed chairs because they supplied
information in a reasonable but different form.  I'd thik it entirely
reasonable for an AD to remove chairs because the chairs didn't supply
information the AD reasonably requested to move documents forward.

Part of not having rigid process is allowing chairs to be flexible but
also allowing ADs to be flexible about what chairs they want to work
with.