Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

2013-09-16 15:53:31
On 16 September 2013 19:06, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:

Treating an ORCID (or equivalent) as supplemental would also
avoid requiring the RSE to inquire about guarantees about the
permanence and availability of the relevant database.

I've checked with ORCID and they say:

"the ORCID Registry is planned, from a technical perspective, as a
long-term effort to support persistent identifiers.  In addition,
Registry code is open source, and we will be posting a public data
file on an annual basis starting in October.  Finally, we have
transition plans in the unlikely event that ORCID should cease to
exist as an organization--in which case the ORCID registry and data
contained therein would transfer to a non-profit organization with a
similar mission."

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing