Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

2013-09-17 06:57:32
On 17 September 2013 00:19, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

 I don't see any real downside to allowing
people who have ORCIDs to put them in IETF documents.  I'm not
sure there's a lot of demand for them (this is the first time
it's come up, as far as I know) but I don't see a problem with
plopping one more piece of information - one that has a unique
function - into our docs.

Thank you. So how might we raise awareness of ORCID among RfC
contributors and and encourage its use by them?

Is there a "how to" guide or FAQ where it could be mentioned? How
might we get the IETF to agree to wording along the lines of "the IETF
encourages (or "recommends" or "requests") contributors to register
for an ORCID and to include it..."?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing