Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

2013-09-17 07:58:19
Heather Flanagan can be most easily reached at
rfc-editor(_at_)rfc-editor(_dot_)org, the specified email address for reaching the rfc-editor. Note however that you need to be clear as to what you are asking her. If you are asking that she arrange for the tools to include provision for using ORCHIDs, that is a reasonable request. SUch a request would presumably be prioritized along with the other tooling improvement that are under consideration.

On the other hand, if youa re asking that the IETF endorse or encourage such uses, there are two problems. First, the RFC Editor does not speak for the IETF. You need to actually get a determination of IETF rough consensus on the ietf email list. That consensus would need to be based on a more specific question than "do we want to allow ORCHIDs", and then would be judged on that question by the IETF chair.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern