Re: PS Characterization Clarified

2013-09-17 07:37:34

--On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:32 +0100 Dave Cridland
<dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net> wrote:

I read John's message as being against the use of the phrase
"in exceptional cases". I would also like to avoid that; it
suggests that some exceptional argument may have to be made,
and has the implication that it essentially operates outside
the process.

Exactly.

I would prefer the less formidable-sounding "on occasion",
which still implies relative rarity.

And "on occasion" is at least as good or better than my
suggestions of "usually", "commonly", or "normally" although I
think any of the four would be satisfactory.

--On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 07:06 -0400 Scott Brim