Re: Transparency in Specifications and PRISM-class attacks

2013-09-20 12:43:22
    > From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes(_dot_)tschofenig(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>

    > * Prefer performance over privacy in protocol designs

You forgot:

    * Prefer privacy over performance in protocol designs

and its cousin:

    * Prefer privacy over usability in protocol designs

both of which, as we have seen extensively over the last couple of decades,
can lead to people tossing privacy, and running in non-private mode...

And of course both of these (and probably others in your list) can happen
through simple human error, not necessarily ill intent. ("Never attribute to
malice that which", etc.)

The Truth Path to good, effective privacy is a narrow one, I fear.

        Noel