IPR disclosure for draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id (was: Piling on [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-03.txt)

2013-09-21 00:35:07
Hello,
At 01:52 20-09-2013, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
to summarize the status of this IETF LC, we are still expecting (at
least) an additional IPR disclosure on this draft (as announced on the
INSIPID list). When that happens, I will IETF LC it again.

There was a discussion about IPR on this mailing list but nobody mentioned RFC 6701 or RFC 6702. It is a mystery why the IETF cannot remember the (Informational) RFCs it published one year ago.

There was a Last Call for draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-03 ( http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg11753.html ). The announcement did not mention any IPR disclosure. Does the above qualify as a late disclosure?

In the mean time, we need to address the comments related to the IANA
registration the draft requests. I have discussed with the expert
reviewer (Adam) and adding something along these lines would help:

"This registration is intended to be temporary. The authors expect that
a standards-track definition of Session-ID will be published at a future
date. Assuming such a document is published, it will replace this
registration with a reference to itself, at which point this document
will no longer be referenced by IANA."

draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-02 is a WG document intended as a Proposed Standard. The INSIPID charter mentions a milestone for February 2013. It would be good if the IESG takes into consideration the overhead of getting this temporary assignment published as an IETF RFC. The reason given for publication was that 3GPP has tight deadlines. It is understandable that there can be delays in reaching a milestone. What is the INSIPID WG estimate for that future date?

Regards,
-sm