RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-08.txt> (Implications of Oversized IPv6 Header Chains) to Proposed Standard

2013-10-12 21:08:38
+1

Is there a way to decouple this discussion from
draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain? I would be glad to discuss it in the
context of a separate draft.

                                                             Ron

So, it wasn't necessarily the case that 1280 was a product of
"thoughtful analysis" so much as the fact that **they were rushing to
get a spec out the door**. So now, 16 years later, we get to put it
back on the 6man charter milestone list.

We could have that discussion in 6man, sure, but I don't believe that
it's relevant to the question of whether draft-ietf-6man-oversized-
header-chain
is ready. This draft mitigates a known problem in terms of the current
IPv6 standards.