Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-08.txt> (Implications of Oversized IPv6 Header Chains) to Proposed Standard

2013-10-15 19:11:41
On 10/14/2013 02:39 PM, Templin, Fred L wrote:

Is there a way to decouple this discussion from draft-ietf-6man-
oversized-header-chain? I would be glad to discuss it in the context of
a separate draft.

I don't know if there is a way to decouple it. I believe I have shown
a way to not mess up tunnels while at the same time not messing up your
draft. That should be a win-win. In what way would imposing a 1K limit
on the IPv6 header chain not satisfy the general case?

6man had consensus multiple times on *not* to impose this sort of limits
in this document (that's why the original limit of 1280 bytes was
removed from earlier versions of this I-D in the first place).

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks