Re: CHANGE THE JOB (was Re: NOMCOM - Time-Critical - Final Call for Nominations)

2013-10-18 08:45:35
Hi Adrian,

I have asked you and other ADs several times if Assistant ADs would help.
The answer I got was "not really, but a well run directorate really helps.".

I think the IESG does an excellent job of reviewing documents.
I would not want to increase throughput by simply reducing quality.
But I know ADs who have said they wish the job was only 40 hours/week,
because it can be more than that.

Staffing critical-path full-time positions with the best people
in the industry for free isn't as easy at it used to be.

Why not double the number of ADs in each area and instead of
every AD reviewing every draft, have 2 ADs from each area
review each draft? (Cut the AD hours in half somehow)

Andy

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Adrian Farrel