Re: CHANGE THE JOB (was Re: NOMCOM - Time-Critical - Final Call for Nominations)

2013-10-18 10:34:44

Ted Lemon <ted(_dot_)lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > Working group chairs are not raw material.  They are the result of
    > growing in the organization, and they are an extremely valuable part of
    > the organization.  Growing more working group chairs should be a
    > serious priority of the IETF, and our failure to do this well is very
    > much part of the AD overwork problem.

Ironically, having fewer working groups would mean having fewer working group
chairs, which would mean a smaller pool of people from which to pick ADs.

A reason we need more slots in the WG page for names (such as secretary,
key document author, issue triage expert, minutes tzar, etc.) is so that
  a) people can be recognized
  b) and the "re" (again) part of recognized means that they can be found
     again and their expertize leveraged.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works