Re: https at ietf.org

2013-11-06 11:49:29
Unfortunately there are scénarios in which you have the adéquate agent but not
the corresponding proxy.

(JM, ex mobilum)

Le 5 nov. 2013 à 18:35, "Tim Bray"
<tbray(_at_)textuality(_dot_)com<mailto:tbray(_at_)textuality(_dot_)com>> a
écrit :

I disagree. I can’t think of an scenario in which a human who wants/needs to
use IETF publications would not have access to an HTTPS-capable user agent.  -T

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM,
<ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com<mailto:ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com>>
 wrote:

I don't see reason to use https for delivery of public documents such
as RFCs and Internet Drafts. All that would really accomplish is
reduce caching opportunities.

I don't have any problem with making things available via https, but it needs
to be possible to retrieve things with regular http. Not everything gets
retrieved by a browser and not every tool out there supports https.

                                Ned