Re: https at ietf.org

2013-11-06 23:17:56
Subject: Re: https at ietf.org Date: Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 06:52:45AM -0800
Quoting ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com
(ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com):

Encouraging the use of our work - our standards - is exactly the issue here.
You're trying to impose privacy requirements on a use-case where they simply
don't make sense.

Given this years revelations in the privacy field that is a statement I find
slightly bold.

You'll have to explain the connection then, because I don't see it. We're
talking about refusing to allow unprotected access to public standards
documents. That's the use-case in question; nothing else.

                                Ned