Re: https at ietf.org

2013-11-06 23:27:54
On 06 Nov 2013, at 06:09, Ted Lemon <Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I assume that what we want is a mechanism for authenticating the content; in
this case there is no need to encrypt the content.

If that were the problem we are addressing, the best answer would involve RFC
6920.

For privacy, though, STASI*) should not be able to find out that I’m retrieving
RFC 1984 so that they can't identify me as a long-haired bomb-throwing leftist
(or whatever retrieving RFC 1984 makes you in their minds).

Grüße, Carsten

*) STASI: State-level wire-Tapping Agency with Substantial Infrastructure