Re: https at ietf.org

2013-11-06 06:03:26
I have no problem with additional access via HTTPS, IETF already have it.

It is better to have more ways to deliver content. The interested party has
the freedom to choose the best way to access, HTTPS, HTTP, FTP, anything.

If the issue is privacy for those who access, HTTPS can help partially,
they do not intercept the documents that the person reads, but still be
able to know that there was a connection to the computer with the IP
address of the IETF.

But if the problem is to ensure the integrity of documents (RFCs) I suggest
that the RFC Editor digitally sign each published RFC (using GPG), thus
making it possible to check if the document has not been altered during
communication or storage.

Sincerely,

__
 Thiago Marinello
 +55 19 9248 0860

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Dave Cridland <dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net>