Re: https at ietf.org

2013-11-06 23:43:01
On Nov 6, 2013, at 9:26 PM, Carsten Bormann <cabo(_at_)tzi(_dot_)org> wrote:
If that were the problem we are addressing, the best answer would involve RFC
6920.

No, that's not what I want, although it is a neat hack.

For privacy, though, STASI*) should not be able to find out that I’m
retrieving RFC 1984 so that they can't identify me as a long-haired
bomb-throwing leftist (or whatever retrieving RFC 1984 makes you in their
minds).

If you want encryption, definitely you should be able to get it, and indeed
with ietf.org, you can.