Re: Hum theatre

2013-11-07 02:51:23

On Nov 6, 2013, at 10:00 PM, Abdussalam Baryun
<abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
 wrote:

Why privacy threats were not addressed before users noticed the attacks and
that the designers failed?

There are two fundamental reasons. One is that we didn't recognize the issues
at the time. The other, in the words of an RFC author who looked me (as IETF
Chair) in the eye while I was demanding a reasonable security considerations
discussion in his draft, is "my customers will not pay for the extra
enhancements and effort that go into a secure solution."