Re: Hum theatre

2013-11-07 11:33:52
On 06 Nov 2013, at 23:29, Klaas Wierenga (kwiereng)
<kwiereng(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

automatic sense of rebellion

Ha, that is the best summary of the cognitive dissonance I’ve so far.

If the thing turns into a rally of the morally righteous, this will turn off
the thinking individuals.

We need to keep the focus on the rational side, on the actual outcomes,
economically, socially, technically.

I still think the plenary was a well-deserved celebration of our unanimity in
the general direction that needs be taken.  As always, hard work follows, and
the devil is in the details.  But that doesn’t take away from the unanimity.

Grüße, Carsten