Re: [dhcwg] We can change the world in a 1000 ways (IPv4 over IPv6)

2013-11-13 10:06:48
On Nov 13, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Ole Troan <otroan(_at_)employees(_dot_)org> wrote:
is there a problem here, or should we just accept that sometimes the IETF
will generate ten sets of publications solving more or less the same problem?

If I'd been area director earlier in the process I might have just shut the
working group when it became clear that the principals couldn't agree on a
proposal, and required that they come to agreement before a BoF would be
approved.   But it's much too late in the process to do that now.   And I don't
even know if that would have produced a better outcome.

I don't think we should accept that this has to happen every time, and I think
we should try to prevent it happening in the future.   But there is no sense
crying over spilt milk.