Re: [dhcwg] We can change the world in a 1000 ways (IPv4 over IPv6)

2013-11-14 16:36:55

On 11/14/13 12:42 PM, "shogunx(_at_)sleekfreak(_dot_)ath(_dot_)cx"
<shogunx(_at_)sleekfreak(_dot_)ath(_dot_)cx> wrote:

My gut is that until we have a unified story and some fielded product
on
deploying v4 over v6, that for a number of ISPs, adding v6 is just
added cost
with no savings.

Its worse than that.  Given that v4 has been monetized by big ISPs, it is
actaully a revenue loss for them to transition to v6 on a large scale.

Do you mean IPv6-only is a revenue loss, or dual-stack or some kind of
transition mechanism?
I'm pretty sure I don't understand your point.

Lee