Transparency in the IETF...

2013-11-18 15:54:00
Folks - for those of you who dont know I have a patent fraud matter in the US Courts over the Location Based Service Patent (US6370629) and there are many people out there who are really concerned that this will prevent them from using Location Based Services in the US.

THIS IS NOT TRUE... The Licensing for what is called PHASE-2 Technology inside of the US6370629 patent is going to be available under a FRAND license moving forward once the fraud loss issues are cleaned up.

The problem is of course I have demanded several things from the IETF with regard to its involvement in my matter and I want all of you to know what they are in the process... I want accountability and total transparency in Global IP Standards being developed here. I want every sponsor here to be accountable and more importantly I want the same standards they are held to in the real world transported magically here to Wonderland...

And since I have the Vorpal Sword BACK (LICENSING CONTROL UNDER us6370629) and the Bandersnatch is sleeping under my bed ... I GUESS IT IS REASONABLE TO ASK FOR THESE THINGS.

1) I want all of us to register with the IETF and agree that everything that happens here is constrained by the INTERNATIONAL IP LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE...

That is fair and reasonable and says simply that you and your actions are upright and transparent under the Laws of your National Jurisdiction. It also says you can be held legally accountable for your actions herein... and unless you need to be able to act in a manner which protects you from acts you might do here one would think that this would be totally reasonable... right?

2) I want everyone inside a PROJECT in a WG to acknowledge the need to disclose the IP issues or events inside the IETF to the SPONSOR formally. This could be done electronically too with an ONLINE FORM that could be designed here as well. The issue is in bringing the IETF and its standards process into alignment with law and practice in the IP world.

3) All IESG votes become 100% transparent, and recorded for public review. NOTHING HAPPENS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS IN THIS STANDARDS COMMITTEE ANY LONGER.

4) The IETF itself and its formal business practices are audited once every other year or as need be by demand from any project member or litigation against the IETF or its IESG Members. Further the US Department of Justice is going to also agree to put a new focus on IP fraud in the US - TRUST ME ON THAT...

5) The IETF replaces its legal counsel and the Counsel's role is redefined to represent the Organization meaning their allegiance is to the membership and not the officers - they can pay their own legal fees thank you.

6) The ISOC and the US TR will work together to come up with a Statement assuring the Public that both support and are bound by International IP Law...

7) Finally a set of proper IP Controls which meet the terms of International IP Law including publication revocation and a take down policy MUST be put in place within 90 days

Todd Glassey