Re: IPv6 deployment [was Re: Recent Internet governance events]

2013-11-22 14:55:37
On Nov 22, 2013, at 6:00 PM, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:
It's not that people want CGNs around for a long time.  It's an irrational
choice [2] as people might feel that they are wasting what they have paid for.

I don't think this is realistic with respect to a typical network operator.
It's generally expected that equipment needs to be replaced on some kind of
schedule.   I would hope that by the time the next replacement time rolls
around for the CGN hardware, it would simply not be replaced.   But this is
easier to do with stateless-in-the-core NATs.