Re: IPv6 deployment [was Re: Recent Internet governance events]

2013-11-21 17:27:03
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Brian E Carpenter <
brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 22/11/2013 06:46, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
[...]

What I would do as a government entity is to get a group of techies to
describe a minimum set of technical capabilities for Internet access
points.

Please don't. The history of government mandates for IPv6 is, to say the
least, chequered. Best practices are emerging for IPv6 now, as they did
for IPv4 twenty years ago.

What I would do as a technologist is to get the operator community to
define a set of Best Common Operational Practices that government types can
point to if and when they feel the need to (and that everyone can use in
the mean time). Well, to be fair, that's not what I WOULD do, it's what I'm
helping to actually DO: http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/about/bcop/
.

Cheers,
~Chris