Re: IPv6 deployment [was Re: Recent Internet governance events]

2013-11-22 17:59:53
Hi Ted,
At 12:55 22-11-2013, Ted Lemon wrote:
I don't think this is realistic with respect to a typical network operator. It's generally expected that equipment needs to be replaced on some kind of schedule. I would hope that by the time the next replacement time rolls around for the CGN hardware, it would simply not be replaced. But this is easier to do with stateless-in-the-core NATs.

There are multiple factors which would be relevant to the decisions. Noel Chiappa and John Klensin commented about some of them. The equipment replacement might be incremental. There have been changes in the (hardware) market. Those changes can affect the incremental replacement.

Regards,
-sm