Previous Process Proposal, was: Re: [rtcweb] Straw Poll on Video Codec Alternatives

2013-12-10 02:34:27
On 2013-12-10 01:41, Brent Kelly wrote:
I agree with Matt. I thought the process was

1.       See if there is group consensus on whether or not to take a vote.

2.       If the group consensus is to take a vote, then get group
consensus on **who** should be eligible to vote

3.       Do the actual voting on the alternatives

The non-binding straw poll was not part of this process.

What you list above is the core of the chairs previous process proposal.
I like to stress "PROPOSAL". It got a lot of critique both in the WG and
by the larger IETF community. Thus we have abandoned it. We have
selected another path, which starts with this straw poll to better judge
the WG participants positions and objections against the various
alternatives.

cheers

Magnus Westerlund

SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto:
magnus(_dot_)westerlund(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com