Re: Why the Straw Poll

2013-12-11 19:27:24
* Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
Let me try and answer what I think is your central issue here which is:
why are we spending any time on this topic.

We have heard from a significant number of people that they think it is
important for WebRTC devices and applicaitons to be able to know that
video will work between devices. It was the number one requested item
when speaking to the various developers with products demonstrated at
WebRTC Expo and a significant issue on this email list. It is one of the
several topics the chairs are driving forward. We plan to continue to do
try to drive it to resolution. Note resolution includes consensus for no
MTI.

To me, an important point is that some people are now investigating some
alternative options that have not been given much consideration before,
like the data points and samples regarding H.261 that have been sent to
the group's mailing list recently, which may open up new ways to find a
consensus. I think a straw poll is much more useful in this situation
than a vote or giving up.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern(_at_)hoehrmann(_dot_)de ·
http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de