Re: Last Call: <draft-farrell-perpass-attack-02.txt> (Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack) to Best Current Practice

2013-12-16 11:51:35
"Scott" == Scott Brim <scott(_dot_)brim(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    Scott> In that first paragraph, I would prefer to say "privacy"
    Scott> rather than "pervasive monitoring". Vulnerability to
    Scott> pervasive monitoring is just one way in which privacy
    Scott> problems show themselves. It shouldn't be the only angle from
    Scott> which the problems are viewed.

Yes, but I don't think a general privacy requirement is appropriate for
this document.
Here, we're trying to document a consensus that we want to look at
specific attacks when people monitor at a bunch of points, combine data,
etc.
That's more specific than privacy, and that specific question is one I
want WGs to answer.