Re: Last Call: <draft-farrell-perpass-attack-02.txt> (Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack) to Best Current Practice

2013-12-13 07:35:41

On 12/13/2013 01:13 PM, Eliot Lear wrote:
Stephen,

On 12/13/13 2:04 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

Anyway, how's this for a suggestion, say placed somewhere near
the end of section 2:

   Working groups and other sources of IETF specifications
   need to be able to describe how they have considered
   pervasive monitoring, and if the attack is relevant to
   their work, to be able to justify related design
   decisions.

   This does not mean that a new "pervasive monitoring
   considerations" is required in Internet-drafts or
   other documentation - it simply means that, if asked,
   there needs to be a good answer to the question "is
   pervasive monitoring relevant to this work and if so
   how has it been addressed?"

Thank you, that is precisely the sort of text I was looking for.

Cool. Added to my to-do list. [1]

Be interested in knowing if you're also ok with the earlier
suggested change? [2] I think that matches well with adding
the above as well.

S.

[1] http://down.dsg.cs.tcd.ie/misc/ppbcp-text-suggestions.txt
[2]    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg84888.html