Re: Multi-homed BCP38

2014-01-09 14:04:40

On 9 jan 2014, at 17:52, Scott Brim <scott(_dot_)brim(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Where is "the edge"? Is there a boundary outside of your control that
you truly trust? Even if there's supposedly unbreakable filtering at
most of the edge, wouldn't you want to do your own filtering as well?

It looks like the sites John talked to are multihomed, NOT doing
routing at their edge (??), and yet wanting to filter? I don't think
you get all three of those.

Oh, boy, why do I try to explain what I have in my head... ;-)

I agree that is a problem, but those people being multi homed should filter,
and, that should be included in contracts, enforced etc. However you as
upstream detect filtering is not happening.

I thought the main difference had to be with the difference between edge of
your AS and nodes that really are only single homed, where the latter should
have filter on their upstream.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out the SSAC document, and let others interpret.

   Patrik