Re: Multi-homed BCP38

2014-01-10 02:33:29
Subject: Re: Multi-homed BCP38 Date: Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 07:17:47PM -0000
Quoting John Levine (johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com):

Also, if you'll review the messages to which you're responding, you'll
note that the customer is often an ISP with customers of its own so
there are far too many ranges to handle manually.

An "ISP" who does not understand and use BGP is probably not serious. Were
I in the business of selling Internet connectivity (and I'm not, I'm a
multihomed customer who does speak BGP with my upstreams) I'd look at such
potential customers with a mixture of suspicion and badly hidden contempt.

Which is not constructive,  quarter-of-year-cash-flow-wise, but it is
indeed better for the Internet. IMNSHO. And, in the long run, there is
a definitive cost associated with running crap setups like multihoming
without a proper dynamic routing protocol.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668